Dive Shop Emergency Management Plan
- STOP ( Take a deep breath)- Think (Take the emergency plan)-Act (Execute and / or delegate)
- Delegate tasks but only if enough qualified persons are around!
- Rescue victim from water or other location.
- Contact Emergency Services.
- Discover the signs and symptoms and write them down.
- Contact DAN (If signs and symptoms purely SCUBA diving related).
- Control the scene (Or let someone control it if you are busy by yourself).
When calling Emergency Services, state the following:
- Your name and the mobile and / or landline number and where you can be reached!
- Exact location of victim.
- What kind of emergency (SCUBA diving, or SCUBA diving related)!
- Signs and symptoms of victim as precise as possible and when the signs and symptoms occurred!
- DAN membership number ( if available and applicable)
- Do not hang up before the person on the other side of the line!
Primary and Secondary Care:
- Airways (check if airways open and check for breathing).
- If not breathing administer 2 rescue breath.
- Circulation checks(Pulse at wrist AND Carotid Arteries)
- If no pulses administer 30 chest compressions (Continue CPR until EMS arrives or patient is breathing.
- Defibrillation-Defibrillate if AED is available
- If breathing administer 100% oxygen or the highest content available
- Check for shock, bleedings , broken bones and other injuries and / or illnesses!
Distance from Moalboal to Cebu Hospitals and Decompression Chamber :89 km 2.5 hrs
Distance from Panagsama Beach to Moalboal Doctor : 4km – 10 mins.
Distance from Panagsama Beach to Badian Hospital: 14kms – 20 mins
Distance from Panagsama Beach to Barili Hospital: 36kms – 30 mins.
DAN – Divers Alert Network
DAN Divers Alert Network Philippines 02-771-9245
DAN Manila Office 026321077
DAN DES= Diving Emergency Services +61882129242
DAN Asia Pacific Australia: +61398869166 (Ashburn, Victoria)
Cebu Office: 032-254-9262 (Lahug, VISCOM Hospital)
Mamerto Ortega II: 0919-517-5900 (Operator)
Mamerto Ortega II Residence: 032-235-5662
Gavino Loreto 09195092579
Dr. Eugenio Mislang: 09169296045
Dr Michael Luna:09178348363
Dr Don Garcia: 09163612177
Hyperbaric Medicine Facility AFPMC PCSSD
029207183 (Dan Accredited Manila)
Dr Jojo Bernardo: 09193471773
Helicopter Evacuation (mostly not working)
Airforce 505 SAR Unit 0323408284 (Cebu, Mactan)
PCG Aviation Group 028511639 (Manila)
PCG-Philippine Coast Guard-Cebu
032 – 4166386 (Operations HQ Pier 3)
09223574919 (Operation HQ Pier 3)
09296864123 (Operations HQ Pier 3)
Ambulance and Hospitals
Ambulance Moalboal: 4748205
Badian Hospital 4759046
Barili Hospital 4709026
Cebu Doctors Hospital 032 – 255 5555
Chong Hua Hospital 032 – 254 1461
Perpetual Succor Hospital 032 – 233 8620
Download Emergency Contact numbers for the Philippines: Emergency_Contact_Philippines
Thank you, Matt Reed
Cebu Fun Divers – We love to dive!